1. Snatch- Directed by Guy Ritchie. What is there to say except it was a good film to kick off the decade. D' yuh guyz lake dehgs? 2000
2. Almost Famous- Directed by Cameron Crowe. Preaching Band-Aids. 2000
3. Ocean's 11- Directed by Steven Soderbergh. Every A-lister available appeared onscreen for this. 2001
4. Blow (no not the porno, but the Johnny Depp version thank you very much) - Directed by Ted Demme, his last film. "Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine." 2001
5. Vanilla Sky- Directed by Cameron Crowe. Mindfucking. 2001
6. The Ring- Directed by Gore Verbinski, a remake of Ringu. Parents, don't hit your kids, Samara will get you back. Just sayin'. She never sleeps! 2002
7. Old Boy- Directed by Park Chan-wook. One of the craziest movies, along with Suicide Club (2001, I'll throw that movie on the list as well), that I have ever seen! It is apart of the Vengeance Trilogy... all are must-sees, but remember that you need to have a strong stomach. TIED WITH Mystic River- Directed by my guy Clint Eastwood. Pretty grave subject matter. 2003
8. Kill Bill 1 & 2- Directed by Quentin Tarantino. "I'm Buck, and I'm here to fuck." 2003-04
9. The Saddest Music in the World-Directed by Guy Maddin. "No one can beat the Siamese when it comes to dignity, cats, or twins." and That glass leg!! 2003
10. Goodbye, Lenin!- Directed by Wolfgang Becker. The wonders of the Berlin Wall.I LOVE THIS FILM. 2003
11. Big Fish- Directed by Tim Burton. Ewan McGreggor, 'nough said. 2003
12. The Royal Tenenbaums, 2001, ("Well I just want to die") TIED WITH The Life Aquatic, 2004 ("I think I'd be into her if she wasn't a bull dyke)- both directed by Wes Anderson.
13. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Directed by Michel Gondry. This movie's bomb, I'm sorry if it is too scenester for some people.2004
14. I <3 Huckabees- Directed David O. Russell. "There is no remainder in the mathematics of infinity." Lily Tomlin completely flipped a bitch.2004
15. V for Vendetta- Directed by James McTeigue. "Remember, remember, the 5th of November"2005
16. Brick- Directed by Rian Johnson. "I've got knives in my eyes, I'm going home sick." 2005.
17. History of Violence (2005, David Cronenberg) TIED WITH Eastern Promises (2007, latter director mentioned). FUCKING VIGGO! He is an excellent gang member!
18. Wristcutters: A Love Story- Directed by Goran Dukic. " I was missing Desiree." If you love Tom Waits, BUY THIS FILM. 2006
19.Tekkon Kinrkeet- Directed by Michael Arias and animated by Studio 4°C. Yeah, anime can scare the shit out of certain older folks, but this film is tres jolie. 2006
20. Science of Sleep (Le science des reves)- Directed by Michel Gondry. "I'm exhausted, I think I'll wake up now." aaand "Will you marry me when you are seventy? You'd have nothing to lose. " aaaaand "I never get the one I like, anways" I am watching this film right now! 2006
21. Little Miss Sunshine- Directed by Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris. Give me liberty or give me OLIVE. Can't touch this. 2006.
22. Superbad (2007, Greg Mottola) & Pineapple Express (2008, David Gordon Green). Both Seth Rogen, improvised, sadistic, absurd comedies of the beginning of the century. "I have a wife, she's getting out of jail soon, I want to fuck her- I want to have sex with her, I DON'T want to wake up murdered tomorrow!" et "The Iron Chef of Pounding Vag!"
23. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Cowardly Robert Ford- Directed by Andrew Dominik. Nailed it.
24.Let the Right One In- Directed by Tomas Alfredson. Those Swedes, they can be pretty twisted, eh? FACT: This truly is the only historically riveting vampire film EVER. 2008.
25. Burn After Reading (2008, the Coen Bros) & There Will Be Blood (2008, Paul Thomas Anderson). BOTH OUTSTANDING! Brad Pitt proves himself in actual talent instead of beauty and Daniel Day Lewis shows the world that you can't top his performance. DDL, call me dude!