måndag, mars 30, 2009

Stockholm Syndrome



Being kidnapped from your home by a lunatic only to fall in love with him/her is conceptually so fascinating to me. Stockholm Syndrome is one of my favorite subjects and I try to substitute worries with evaluations of how a person falls in love with the enemy. I often dream of it as well. Does panic just get too unbearable and their need for comfort gets out of hand that they simply find comfort in their abductor? Is it simply just a symptom of brain wash? If I were kidnapped, I wouldn't be surprised if I too would fall in love. I like old, creepy individuals- they intrigue me. But lets hope that does not happen.

1 kommentar:

WowWowClouds sa...

I agree with you. Stokholm syndrome has something romantic in its idea...

I also used to dream about being captured by a person who eventually becomes the most important in my life.

It's like... you never know, what will happen when you push the boundaries of society and deconstruct the rigid definitions, like in this example...