söndag, december 20, 2009

Are you one of the good guys?


Saw The Road a bit of time ago...go see it! Viggo worked his magic, but that comes to no surprise for me, he's a legend in my book. If a director ever worries of fucking up the adaptation of novel to film, then just cast Viggo Mortensen and all the necessary remedies bloom tout de suite!
Kodi Smit-McPhee, "The Boy", also nailed it. I had not the slightest idea that he is Australian, so he has gained my utmost respect! His American accent amazing. If I had imagined any boy from reading Cormac McCarthy's novel, it'd be him. His helpless ignorance and raw curiosity was impeccable.
Robert Duvall was in it, as "The Old Man", but I didn't even realize it! He looked absolutely horrific! The story adheres to the writings of the novel and I believe the screenplay was much better done than the last movie I had seen, Where the Wild Things Are...sorry again Dave. One of my favorite moments of the film is when Duvall mentions how, during these times, it is too much a luxury to ask to be dead. I hear ya', sista! Kind of a reflection on the current events of America, eh? Should we stay, or should we go.
Also the goal to reaching the coast, really what is the cost of all of it? People see the beach as an oasis, you find it in the midwest all the time. But once you find yourself staying there, it's not so different from anywhere else. Apparently, this ideal does not change during post-Apocalyptic times.
Not to mention that in the book how there are no names, just "The Boy" and "The Man". Wonderful, frightening, suspenseful!!


NOTE: I do not want to be dead during these times; the mentioning of The Old Man's paraphrasing has no reflection on how I see the world these days...I'm happy living.

Inga kommentarer: