måndag, december 28, 2009

Mary's top 50 favorite songs of the decade!






Choosing these songs have been quite distressful, music is really I have to live for nowadays, so I hope I didn't make too many mistakes. Unfortunately, not many great punk songs were created in the past decade, so I went for more Top of the Pops, so to speak. Please don't punish me if I fucked up on my choices!

The "*" means especially loved, or applies to my life, or both. Just take notice at the * songs.
*1. Blink 182- I Miss you ... I would like to dedicate this song to SARAH AND ASHLEY; you are FOREVER in my heart and I miss you.
"Hello there the angel from my nightmare,The shadow in backround of the morgue,The unsespecting victim of darkness in the valley,We can live like Jack and Sally if we want, where you can always find me, and we'll have Halloween on Christmas"
2. Outkast- Hey Ya! (2003)..."1,2,3, UHH!"
3. The Hives- See Through Head(2000)..."You always end up losing 'cause you got a see-through head"
4. Mya- My Love is Like Whoa(2003)"My love is like (whoa)My kiss is like (whoa)My touch is like (whoa)My sex is like (whoa)My ass is like (whoa) My body's like(whoa)"
5.The Strokes- Hard To Explain(2001)"Well I'm too young, and they're too old, the joke is on you, this place is a zoo, you're right it's true."
6. The Hives- A.K.A. Idiot (2000) "Put up with being laughed at, cause I put up with being me, And then on artificial someone says I'm the i-d-i-o-t."
7. Justin Timberlake- Sexy Back (2007)"Dirrrty baabe, you see the shackles? Baby, I'm your slave, I'll let you whip me if I misbehave, It's just that no one makes me feel this way"
*8. The Distillers- Oh Serena(2000)"Well they all have scars on their eyes, its true, night and day its like a haunted replay, I know it girl i'll pray for you, just remember its not stronger than you."
*9. The Strokes- 12:51(2003)"Talk to me now that I'm older"
10. Animal Collective- Summertime Clothes(2009) "My bones have to move and my skin's gotta breathe, you pick up the phone, and I'm so relieved,you slide down your stairs to the heated street, and the sun has left us with slippery feet"
*11. Atlas Sound feat. Panda Bear- Walkabout (2009) "What did you want to be, what did you want to see when you...grew up?"
12. Boris- Pink (2005)"What color would I use to paint all over, to open your eyes, in a line, trying to kill off the dizziness, in an agony, trying to make the reason,in a line, without averting the eyes, as always"
13. No Doubt- Bathwater (2000) "So why do we choose the boys that are naughty, I don't fit in so why do you want me?"
*14. The Strokes- Reptilia (2003)"Yeah, the night's not over, you're not trying hard enough"
15. Britney Spears- Toxic(2003) For: SARAH MOUSSAVI"There's no escape, I can't wait, I need a hit."
16. Dr. Dre feat Eminem- Forgot About Dre (2001)"I told 'em all, all them little gangstas, who you think helped mold 'em all,now you wanna run around and talk about guns, like I ain't got none, what you think I sold 'em all?"
17. Franz Ferdinand-Take Me Out(2004)"So if you're lonely, you know I'm here waiting for you."
18. Radiohead- 15 Step(2007) "You used to be alright...What happened? Did the cat get your tongue?"
*19. Atlas Sound- Shelia(2009) "We'll die alone, together..."
20. Albert Hammond, Jr.- In Transit(2006) "I'm not going to change, 'til I want to..."
21. The Strokes- Someday(2001)"You say you wanna stand by my side, darling your head's not right"
22. Shakira- Hips Don't Lie (2006)"I never really knew she could dance like that. "
*23. Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower- One Stab Deserves Another(2002?) "I wish I could protect you from the bats that live in her heart, but we all find out for ourselves...I just want to forget!"
24. Blood Brothers- Trash Flavored Trash(2004) "I told a widow that she was beautiful, when half of her smile was missing"
25. Blood Brothers- Love Rhyms with Hideous Car Wreck(2004)" You met Jane four years ago today, dancing at some vomit-stained frat party, her newspaper gown, flashing headline brown, her violent gypsy dance, her tired underpants.."
26. No Doubt- It's My Life(2003) "Caught in the crowd, it never ends..".
*27. The White Stripes- Apple Blossom(2000) "All the people you tell your problems to, they don't really care for you."
28. Animal Collective- My Girls(2009) "There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."
29. The White Stripes- Blue Orchid (2005)"...So I gave you the truth from showing up, how dare you, how old are you now anyway?"
30. Camera Obscura- Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken (2006)"Hey Lloyd I'm ready to be heartbroken, I can't see further than my own nose at this moment"
31. Hakan Hellstrom- Ramlar(2000)"Och det är lång väg ner, och jag skulle aldrig ramla mer"
*32. Hakan Hellstrom- Kom Igen Lena!(2000) "Elvis boys that throw cellies in the air"
33. Art Brut- Bad Weekend(2005) "Popular culture no longer applies to me."
34. The Libertines- Up The Bracket(2004) "You see these 2 cold fingers? These crooked fingers I show you a way to mean no"
35. Babyshambles- Fuck Forever(2005)"I can't tell between death and glory? Happy endings, no, they never bored me."
36. Radiohead- 2+2=5 (2003) "It's the devil's way now, there is no way out, you can SCREAM and you can shout, it is too late now"
*37. Yeah Yeahs Yeahs- Kiss Kiss(2007) "I dropped my musings out of site, I drank until the water dried, it's all cute 'til someone dies."
38. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Pin(2004) "I like to sleep with him, pushing in the pin."
*39. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Y- Control(2004)"Under the gun gun gun, and I believe them all"
40. Desaparacedos- Manana(2002)" We will learn, we will love, we will work, to change each other, we will spread, we will cover the earth, like air and water (Water! Water!...Change each other)"
*41. Deerhunter- Never Stops (2008) "Haunts my days."
42. Kanye West- Can't Tell Me Nothing(2007) "I feel the pressure, under more scrutiny, and what I do? Act more stupidly."
*43. The Stills- Yesterday Never Tomorrows'(2003) "The dark winter snows bright, please stay here tonight, walk on my face straight through my pillow"
*44. Liars- Plaster Casts of Everything(2007) "You say lets ride this way..."
45. HEALTH- Nice Girls(2009)"...Your eyes, your lips...."( this song kills me )
46. D-12- Purple Pills(2005)"I take a couple uppers, I take a couple downers, but nothing compares to these blue and yellow purple pills."
47. Incubus- Megalomaniac(2003) "You're no Jesus, yeah you're no fucking Elvis!"
*48.Rihanna- Disturbia (2008) "It's a thief in the night to come and grab you, it can creep up inside you and consume you, a disease of the mind, it can control you, it's too close for comfort"
49. The Killers- Mister Brightside (2004) It started out with a kiss, How did it end up like this? It was only a kiss...it was only a kiss.
50. Weezer- Photograph (2001) For Ash =)
"If you need it, you should show it
'Cause you might play so monastic that you blow it
'Cause everybody wants some hope
Something they can barely know"

Inga kommentarer: