torsdag, december 24, 2009

Obviously, Doctor, you've never been a 13-year-old girl.

Robin and I watched Virgin Suicides last night. I watched that movie over and over and over when I was 12 and 13. I thought the dialogue was wonderful and the music, by Air, was tremendous. I thought everything was a drag back then too, so I always saw myself as Cecilia...I was kind of dramatic. Also, the neighborhood was EXACTLY like the neighborhood I lived in, in Cincinnati, Ohio. My opinion has stayed the same, I still enjoy it, but after watching it, I still get a bit mopey. At least I don't relate myself to one of the girls, anymore, like Mary or Lux. So was Robin, I'm pretty sure he went home and slept for 15 hours. I also like that Sophia Coppola kept the script close to the novel, written by Jeffrey Eugenides. Here's why:

"What lingered after them was not life, but the most trivial list of mundane facts: a clock ticking on a wall, a room dim at noon, and the outrageousness of a human being thinking only of herself. "









"We would never be sure of the sequence of events. We argue about it still. "




"When she jumped, she probably thought she could fly."

1 kommentar:

Obscura sa...

one of my favorite movies ever.