söndag, januari 03, 2010

The Germs





The Germs elude me. It does not make sense for them to have any success, with the simple chords and drunken slurring vocalist, and the fact that the band did not last too long and they could barely finish any stage performances. And yet, I like them! They were loud, crazy, fun, chaotic, and definitely so-cal punk. They were rubbing shoulders with some of my favorite bands: X, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, and Black Flag!
I never believed that the 1970s was a decade that I belonged in, but I would have not minded seeing these guys play live. Shows like The Germs are one of the rare things I call "fun", so if there is a new Germs band out there, let me know and I will come support you!
Sidenote: Watch all the YouTubes of the Decline of Western Civilization, obrigado. The director was a FEMALE (a pleasing fact since there are few out there) who goes by Penelope Spheeris. She also made the movie Suburbia!!!!! That movie is fucking...lovely, in so many words. As sick as this sounds, I love the part where the crazy dog eats the baby, which is the opening sequence. Flea, the bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, is in it too!
I am moving to Los Angeles in the Fall, so films like Penelope's makes me feel better that I'm moving to the land of Starbucks and synthetic-you-name-it. Surburbaaaaaan hoooome!

Inga kommentarer: