söndag, januari 03, 2010

Soul sacrifice

OMFG. OMFG. OMFG. Like the 1970s, I don't think I think the 1960s was quite my decade to make things happen, but Santana's performance at Woodstock would have to be an exception. Since seeing this on TV for the first time at age 5, I have always believed that Santana's "Soul Sacrifice" was BY FAR the best performance of all of Woodstock 1969- sorry Jimi, Grateful Dead, Janis, The Who, Sly & his family, Jefferson Airplane, etc, but come on! Michael Shrieve was a baby lion; absolutely breathtaking, take no prisoners, and a definition of prodigy. Though I have a soft spot for drummers, he makes me want to be about 16 agaIn. Creepy.
I can't believe that it's been over 40 years!! Did anyone see the "History of Woodstock" on the History channel last summer? Damn good, huh?

Inga kommentarer: